TWO LEG SPREADER
Please call us at 920-722-0373 to place your order.
Safe Operating Practices
Whenever any sling is used, the following practices shall be observed:
- Slings that are damaged or defective shall not be used
- Eyes in wire rope slings shall not be formed by using knots or wire rope
- Slings shall not be shortened with knots, bolts or other makeshift devices
- Sling legs shall not be kinked
- Slings shall not be loaded in excess of their rated capacities
- Slings used in a basket hitch shall have the loads balanced to prevent slippage
- Slings shall be securely attached to their loads
- Slings shall be padded or protected from the sharp edges of their loads
- Suspended loads shall be kept clear of all obstructions
- All employees shall be kept clear of loads about to be lifted and of suspended loads
Sling Failure in Straight Tensile Pull
- Wire rope slings with hand tucked spice eyes normally fail at the last strand tuck — away from crotch of the eye. Wire rope slings with mechanically spliced eyes normally fail at the nose of the pressed sleeve
- Mechanical spliced sling efficiency vary from 95% of wire rope strength for 1/4″ through 1″ to 92.5% for 1 1/8″ through 2 1/2″. Fiber core is not recommended for mechanically spliced slings
- Hand spliced sling efficiency vary from 90% for 1/4″ to 80% for 7/8″ through 2 1/2″.
Contrx Industries, Inc. U.S.A.
1377 Kimberly Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
(office) 920-722-0101 - (fax) 920-725-1394